Acacia Cloud Solutions Summary
Acacia Cloud Solutions is an Amazon partner and cloud implementation company, helping businesses ‘go cloud’ and leverage the power and efficiency of highly available, auto-scaling and infinitely powerful infrastructure.
Acacia is trusted with hundreds of EC2 servers, Elastic Beanstalk environments, RDS databases and Workspace cloud desktops under our management; has clients in the media, medical, retail and education industries with a proven track record and a number of successful project deliveries.
Acacia Cloud Solutions services include:
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud Migration
- Cloud Monitoring
- Cloud Health
- Be one of the founding few of a technology start-up.
- Training and formal certification on Amazon qualifications.
- Learn from team members with over 20 years experience in IT, cloud and large enterprise technology landscapes.
- Work all day, every day, with the most exciting cloud based technology out there – Amazon AWS!
- Relaxed work environment, no dress code, flexi-time.
- Working from home will be encouraged because freedom of location is a fundamental of any cloud based business.
Acacia Cloud Solutions are seeking experienced engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, have a wide technical background and are looking to take a lead role engineering role at a cloud start-up.
We’re looking for the early adopters, the trend setters and people with a passion for transitioning the world from on-premise data centres into the exciting world of cloud.
The engineering role supports our client’s cloud services as well as project demand to help them migrate and leverage the cloud.
- Perform a lead engineering role in implementing new cloud projects.
- Support, maintain and monitor cloud infrastructure under management against SLAs.
- Contribute to architecture standards, blueprints and design patterns.
- Consistently introduce and implement developing cloud technology and trends.
- Will be required to be on stand-by after hours.
- 5+ years IT work experience and 2+ years of experience in a senior technical position in a relevant role e.g. System Administrator, Network Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer.
- Tertiary qualification in ANY of the following:
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Technical IT diploma from a recognised IT training institution
- International IT certification e.g. MCSE, RHCE, CCNA, AWS Engineer
- Cloud experience is not a mandatory requirement – the right candidate will learn quickly but system administration experience at a senior level is required.
- Strong proficiency and and experience in:
- Linux System Administration (e.g. LAMP)
- Networking (e.g. LAN, WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, NAT)
- Firewall and Network Security (e.g. ACL, Port Filtering, Forward/Reverse Proxy)
- Windows System Administration (AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO)
- Advantageous proficiency in:
- Amazon AWS (Anything and everything!)
- Scripting (e.g. Bash)
- Automation (e.g. Ansible, Chef, CloudFormation)
- Virtualization (EC2, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Terminal Services (AWS Workspaces, Citrix)
- Excellent language and visual skills for producing well-structured technical documentation and operational procedures.
- Strong customer focus with excellent client engagement, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to innovate under pressure, analyze complex problems and find solutions.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a start-up and build it into something great.
- Advantageous training or experience:
- Project management methodologies e.g. PRINCE2
- IT service management methodologies e.g. ITIL
- Software development methodologies e.g. AGILE
- Software development lifecycle and incident management tools e.g. JIRA
To apply, please send an email to: email@example.com