Acacia Cloud Solutions Summary
Acacia Cloud Solutions is an Amazon partner and cloud implementation company, helping businesses ‘go cloud’ and leverage the power and efficiency of highly available, auto-scaling and infinitely powerful infrastructure.
Acacia is trusted with hundreds of EC2 servers, Elastic Beanstalk environments, RDS databases and Workspace cloud desktops under our management; has clients in the media, medical, retail and education industries with a proven track record and a number of successful project deliveries.
Acacia Cloud Solutions services include:
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud Migration
- Cloud Monitoring
- Cloud Health
- Be one of the founding few of a technology start-up.
- Training and formal certification on Amazon qualifications.
- Learn from team members with over 20 years experience in IT, cloud and large enterprise technology landscapes.
- Work all day, every day, with the most exciting cloud based technology out there – Amazon AWS!
- Relaxed work environment, no dress code, flexi-time.
- Working from home will be encouraged because freedom of location is a fundamental of any cloud based business.
Acacia Cloud Solutions are seeking junior engineers that that enjoy solving problems, working with customers and have aspirations to grow and differentiate themselves as an expert cloud specialist.
We’re looking for the early adopters, the trend setters and people with a passion for transitioning the world from on-premise data centres into the exciting world of cloud.
The engineering role supports our client’s cloud services as well as project demand to help them migrate and leverage the cloud.
- Perform a supporting engineering role in implementing new cloud projects.
- Support, maintain and monitor cloud infrastructure under management against SLAs.
- First line support on the service desk and support channels.
- Will be required to be on stand-by after hours.
- 2+ years IT work experience in a relevant role e.g. System Administrator, Network Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer.
- Tertiary qualification in ANY of the following:
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Technical IT diploma from a recognised IT training institution
- International IT certification e.g. MCSE, RHCE, CCNA, AWS Engineer
- Cloud experience is not a mandatory requirement – the right candidate will learn quickly but a basic foundation in system administration is required.
- Solid understanding and some practical experience in:
- Linux System Administration (e.g. LAMP)
- Networking (e.g. LAN, WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, NAT)
- Firewall and Network Security (e.g. ACL, Port Filtering, Forward/Reverse Proxy)
- Windows System Administration (AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO)
- Advantageous proficiency in:
- Experience with AWS and building automation around their products.
- Ability to work with and switch between multiple scripting languages.
- Competent with either Ansible, Chef or CloudFormation.
- Working knowledge of ephemeral infrastructure, horizontal scaling, self-healing architectures, service discovery, logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Excellent language and visual skills for producing well-structured technical documentation and operational procedures.
- Strong customer focus with excellent client engagement, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to innovate under pressure, analyze complex problems and find solutions.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a start-up and build it into something great.
- Advantageous training or experience:
- Project management methodologies e.g. PRINCE2
- IT service management methodologies e.g. ITIL
- Software development methodologies e.g. AGILE
- Software development lifecycle and incident management tools e.g. JIRA
To apply, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org